Today, 67 million children in the world are denied the chance to go to school. These children could be our next generation’s leaders, sports stars, doctors and teachers. But they face a lifelong struggle against poverty, insecurity and diseases.
In 1981, Mr. Dominic Asogwa (Domark) looking into the future, had a dream and sort for a rescue means (today, his dream is yet to be achieved. Hence, the struggle continues).
An Idea is Born
Domark Health and Education Foundation is formed!!!
“This is our chance to show not just out-of-school children, but our own children, that when we make a promise, we keep it.
We are volunteers
We have been doing it, we can do more.
With your help, we could have billions of fans cheering not just for their teams, but for one team: 1GOAL.
This is our moment to shine; we can bring millions of children in from the shadows of ignorance, and light up their lives with the legacy of education.” ~ Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah Co-Founder and Global Co-Chair, 1GOAL
HEALTH DEVELOPMENT PLAN
HEALTH DEVELOPMENT PLAN
Dohef has the following health aid action plan.
- Routine distribution of Mosquito treated net and other anti-malaria facilities and drugs to the rural communities.
- Free routine medical check up for the rural aging class and provision of relevant drugs.
- Organizing of health awareness seminars/symposium
EDUCATION AID: In line with the vision and mission of Dohef, the organization is championing the course of rendering meaningful assistance that will offer education aids to all students across schools; Primary, Secondary, and tertiary institutions in Nigeria especially to those in the rural areas where a good number of youths are highly disadvantaged to acquire basic and quality education.
Dohef”s education aids plan includes but not limited to the following projects.
- Provision of books and equipping of school library.
- creation of conducive learning environment through provision infrastructures in rural schools
- Establishment of Dohef university scholarship scheme for indigent students from rural areas who are in tertiary institutions in Nigeria
Domark Health and Education Foundation was established in 2000 and legally licensed in 2008, and has since grown into a dynamic non-profit, non religious, non political organization, geared towards eradication of illiteracy, HIV/AIDs Pandemic, Leprosy, Polio and Unemployment in Nigeria and Africa at large, an acronym denoting our commitment to committing human/technical and financial resources to achieve Health, Education, Livelihood and Participation for all - gender inequality (Women).